The Orgzit Web API is an interface for querying information from and enacting change in an Orgzit workspace. You can use the API not only to create records but also to fetch and update records in Orgzit.
Updating records through API is a three-step process:
- Accessing the API Key
- Making a Record Update Request
- Making the Requests to Update the Record
1. Accessing the API Key
To access your API Key, log into your Orgzit account, and go to your User Profile page.
You will find your API Key in the System Information Section there. Copy your entire API Key.
2. Making a Record Update Request
Once you retrieve the API key from your account, you can start making requests with the API.
- You will need to pass the key to the API in the header of your requests. Paste the key you copied in the Authorization Header.
- Set the Request Method to PUT.
- The Request URL has the following format:
account_name is the name of your Orgzit account and the
record_id is the ID of the record you have to update.
To find the record ID of a record, open the expanded view of the record and copy its permalink.
Within the permalink
https://smalaviya96.orgzit.com/app/#r/jwq0dxoi4i/fmey0g37cu/03-interactions/gloria-e-bowen, the ID right after
/#r/ is the record ID.
You can also get the Request URL from the Network Tab in the Browser's Developer Tools(in the Headers section).
- Set the Request Payload in the JSON format.
"name": "Pavan Verma"
fmey0g37cu is the data form ID. You can find the data form ID in the URL just before your dataform/table name.
Here, 03-interactions is the dataform/table, and
fmey0g37cu is the dataform ID.
Within fields, you can pass the field names and their respective values that you want to update.
3. Making the Requests to Update the Record
Once you set all values for the record that you are about to update, send your API request.
You can now check your workspace dataform/table, you will find that your record has been updated with the values passed by you.