The Orgzit Web API is an interface for querying information from and enacting change in an Orgzit workspace. You can use the API not only to create records but also to fetch and update records in Orgzit.
Below is a snapshot of a Task Tracker workspace. Let’s see the steps to create new records in the Task Tracker table by API Integration.
Creating records through API is a three-step process:
- Accessing the API Key
- Making a Record Create Request
- Making the Requests to Create the Record and Getting the Response
1. Accessing the API Key
To access your API Key, follow the steps mentioned in the support doc here.
2. Making a Record Create Request
Once you retrieve the API key from your account, you can start making requests with the API.
- You will need to pass the key to the API in the header of your requests. Paste the key you copied in the Authorization Header.
Below is a snapshot of the Postman software Headers section.
- Set the Request Method to POST.
- The Request URL has the following format:
where the account_name is the name of your Orgzit account.
Here, it is https://orgzitapidemo.orgzit.com/api/1/record/
- Set the Request Payload in the JSON format.
"task_name": "test new record 1"
You can find the dataform_id in the URL just before your dataform/table name.
Here, task tracker is the dataform/table, and jhtxltf37l is the dataform_id.
Dataform refers to the Table that you are integrating with.
Here, dataform contains the resource URL of the format /api/1/dataform/dataform_id/
Here, jhtxltf37lis the dataform_id.
Within fields, you can pass the field names and their respective values with which you want the record to be created.
To get the Field Names, move to the Table Manage Page and go to the Table Fields section. The Normalized Name will be the field name that you have to pass to create a record.
3. Making the Requests to Create the Record and Getting the Response
Once you set all values for the new record that you are about to create, send your API request.
You can now check your workspace dataform/table, you will find that your record has been created with the values passed by you!