Dashboard Widgets enable users to quickly look at important reports and insights. They allow you to access reports from the different tables of a workspace on the dashboard. Using widgets, you can view the progress of work in the different apps of your project at a glance in one place.
You can also create and manage multiple dashboards within your Orgzit account ( on the Manage Account page ) and can have different widgets on different dashboards. For instance, you can have a separate Sales Dashboard with widgets of your Sales related reports and a separate Marketing Dashboard to track your marketing metrics.
Adding a New Widget
- Users can create new widgets on their dashboard by clicking on the "+ New Widget" button on the dashboard. Remember, these widgets are only created for that specific user.
- Alternatively, the account admin can create new widgets from the manage account page. The Admin can control the roles that can access the added widgets. These widgets can be added to different dashboards and be accessed by the users specified.
For this, click on your profile picture at the top right corner of your workspace screen and click on Manage Account.
Move to the Account Widgets section and click on + add widget.
To add a new widget by any one of the above-mentioned methods, the following steps have to be performed:
- Click on the Add Widget button.
- Select the type of report.
Choose the report type as single-valued if you want to look at a specific number. For example, the number of follow-ups scheduled today.
Select the type as a multiple value chart if you want to look at the visualization of your report in the form of a graph.
- Select the workspace and the report for which you want to create a widget.
- Enter the name of the widget that you want to create.
- Select the roles to apply the widget to (in case of Admin created widgets from the Account Manage page).
- Select the type of icon that you feel is best suitable for your widget.
- Choose a color for your icon.
- Select the dashboard on which you want your widget to appear. You can manage multiple dashboards in Orgzit.
- Click on create. A new widget is now created on the dashboard that you chose.
The Admin can publish, unpublish, edit, or delete a widget whenever required, from the Manage Account page.