Welcome to Orgzit's India GST Invoicing solution. Let me help you get started with managing your invoices in Orgzit.
A typical invoice generation workflow is shown below. This trial account has been configured to help you create & manage your invoices as per this workflow.
The following steps will help you quickly learn how Orgzit works by entering your own own invoices and customer payments data.
It will take less than 5 minutes.
Step 1 of 6: Overview of your Invoicing Screen
Your screen should be looking something like the above screenshot right now. You are currently in the “India - GST Invoicing” workspace.
Each tab in this workspace is known as a “Table” and you are currently in the “Invoices” table.
The records on this screen represent your Invoices.
You should be able to see a few dummy invoices from Mainway Toys, only to help you get started.
Now, let’s jump into creating and managing Customers.
Step 2 of 6: Let’s create your very 1st Invoice
- Near the top right corner of your screen, you will see a button called "+Invoice".
- Click on this button to open the "Create New Invoice Form".
- As you see in the screenshot, the invoice has two sections - Customer Details and Invoice Items.
In the Customer Details section, you can fill your customer details such as Customer Name, Invoice Date, Billing Details etc.
Most of the fields can be filled from the dropdown options available against the field. For example, the field called "Customers" has a drop down which will have the list of your customers (this is coming from your table "Customers"). Similarly, dropdowns will appear for the field "Invoice Series" and "Billing Entity".
Step 3 of 6: Let’s Add Invoice Items
As you scroll down, you will see the section of the invoice creation form where you can add all the items that need to be billed.
Click on the "New Record" button in this "Invoice Items" section. This will open a form to add the items. You can chose to add one or more items.
- After you have added all the items to the invoice, click on the "Create" button to finish creating the invoice.
- Once you click on the "Create" button, a draft of your invoice is created.
- To generate the PDF invoice, you have two options:
Option 1: Change status of the invoice from "Preparing" to "Generated"
Option 2: Click on the action button and then click on "Generate Invoice" button to automatically create the invoice.
- As soon as you do any one of the above actions, you will see Invoice PDF auto generated in Invoice File column.
- Congratulations! You have created your first Invoice in Orgzit and are now on your way towards streamlining your Invoices and Payments.
Step 4 of 6: Let’s add a Payment Received
Once your invoices are created the next important thing you would want to do is - track payments against your invoices. Let's see how you can easily do that in Orgzit.
- Go to the "12-Payments" table.
- Click on "+Add Payment" to open a form to add payment. The following form would open where you can enter your payment details.
- Once the payment is added the payment details in the relevant invoice records will be automatically updated.
Step 5 of 6: View Invoicing Reports
Your Orgzit India GST Invoicing solution comes with few useful reports. The most popular report is “Daily Invoice Report”.
To view the reports, follow the steps:
- Click on the "Reports" button, appearing on the top right side of the screen.
- A reports panel will pop out from the right listing all the reports available for the current table.
- Look for the report named "Daily Invoice Report" and click on it.
- A cumulative report of the total pending payments should now appear on the screen.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to quickly create GST Invoices and track your business performance using Orgzit.
Most of the things you have seen are easily customizable in a few hours. Want to talk about how you can customize Customer Support Desk for your business?
Setup Orgzit GST Invoicing for Your Business Today
At Orgzit, we understand your pain with creating invoices and tracking payments. With the Orgzit GST Invoicing solution, you can streamline your team’s work and save up more than 20+ hours per per month.
Most teams can be up and running with Orgzit GST Invoicing in under a day.
Are you ready to setup a customized GST Invoicing for your business? You can get started by setting up a meeting with an Orgzit GST Invoicing Expert.