For any business, organization, or team, insightful reports and dashboards are extremely important. There are metrics that every team wants to track on a regular basis. For helping out organizations gather valuable insights from their data and help them track their system, make decisions, and constantly be informed, Orgzit provides a feature to create and maintain reports.
Using Orgzit, you can create different types of reports. They are very similar to Excel pivot tables and charts. You can visualize your data in the form of Bar Graphs, Line Charts, Pie Charts, Tabular Reports, and Funnels.
Reports can be run from an Orgzit Table.
Creating a Report in 5 Easy Steps
To create a report, go to the relevant app, click on the Reports button, and click on the +New Report button.
Enter a name for your report and select display type:
Tabular Report - Tabular reports summarize the data into a simple table with columns and rows.
Bar Graphs - There are four types of bar graphs:
- Simple: Shows data in the form of bars that vary in size in proportion to the values they represent.
- Stacked: Used to show information about different sub-groups of the main categories. The bars representing the sub-groups are stacked on top of each other to make a single column.
- Clustered: A number of bars are clustered together to show information about different sub-groups of the main categories.
- Stacked 100%: Used to compare the percentage that each sub-group contributes to a total. Will appear in the form of segmented bars.
Line Charts - Line Charts can be of the following sub-types:
- Simple Line: Shows data as a series of data points connected by straight line segments.
- Area: Same as simple line graphs, except the area underneath the line is colored.
- Multiple Lines: Multiple lines are used to displays two or more sets of data for comparison.
- Stacked Area: Several different line charts stacked on top of each other.
- Stacked Area 100%: Used to show how the parts of a whole have changed over time.
Pie Charts - Pie charts summarize data as sections of a circle, with each section representing a portion of the whole.
Funnel - Funnel summarizes your data in different stages in the form of a funnel to help you see the trend in your data.
Now, go to Report Filter to select the data on which you want to run the report. You can create the report on Current Filter, No Filter or Provide a Filter to create the report.
Select the Op Type (operation type) that you wish to run on your data:
Select aggregations, that is, the data field(s) on which you’d like the report to be run. In a reimbursement app, for example, to know how much reimbursement is due to every employee in the company, the aggregation should be Employee Name.
Enter an output name for the computed data that is represented in the report. For example, when running a Sum operation on an employee reimbursements app, a logical output name would be "Total Reimbursement".
You can view the report by clicking on the "Reports" button in the table.
Once your report is created, you can edit it, change its display type, and download it whenever required.
Viewing Reports in a Dashboard
You can also look at these reports and insights regularly in a dashboard. You can create multiple dashboards for different types of reports. For eg. you can have a sales dashboard for the reports that depict your sales funnel and a marketing dashboard, that shows widgets with insights from different marketing campaigns of your organization.
You can also change the layout of your dashboard whenever you want.
Deleting a Report
To delete a report, go to the list of reports by clicking the Reports button, and click the Delete Report button for the report you wish to delete.
Watch this video to create a new report.
Here is another video which can help you view your reports on Orgzit
Pin your reports to your dashboard with the help of this video guide.
Watch this video to change the appearance of a report or to know how to change the filter on a report.