Orgzit reports allow you to visualize your data in the form of bar graphs, line charts, pie charts, or tables. Reports can be run from an Orgzit Table.
Creating a report in 5 easy steps
Step 1 is to create a report, go to the relevant app, click on the gear icon and go to Manage App. On the Manage App page, click on the Create Report + button.
Enter a name for your report and select display type:
Tabular Report - Tabular reports summarize the data into a simple table with columns and rows.
Bar Graphs - There are four types of bar graphs:
- Simple: Shows data in the form of bars that vary in size in proportion to the values they represent.
- Stacked: Used to show information about different sub-groups of the main categories. The bars representing the sub-groups are stacked on top of each other to make a single column.
- Clustered: A number of bars are clustered together to show information about different sub-groups of the main categories.
- Stacked 100%: Used to compare the percentage that each sub-group contributes to a total. Will appear in the form of segmented bars.
Line Charts - Line Charts can be of the following sub-types:
- Simple Line: Shows data as a series of data points connected by straight line segments.
- Area: Same as simple line graphs, except the area underneath the line is coloured.
- Multiple Lines: Multiple lines are used to displays two or more sets of data for comparison.
- Stacked Area: Several different line charts stacked on top of each other.
- Stacked Area 100%: Used to show how the parts of a whole have changed over time.
Pie Charts - Pie charts summarize data as sections of a circle, with each section representing a portion of the whole.
Step 3: Now, go to Report Filter to select the data on which you want to run the report. Choose from the following options:
Select the Op Type (operation type) that you wish to run on your data:
Step 4. Select aggregations, that is, the data field(s) on which you’d like the report to be run. In a reimbursement app, for example, to know how much reimbursement is due to every employee in the company, the aggregation should be Employee Name.
Step 5. Enter an output name for the computed data that is represented in the report. For example, when running a Sum operation on an employee reimbursements app, a logical output name would be "Total Reimbursement". Hit Create.
You can view the report by clicking on the "Reports" button on the app page.
To delete a report, go to the Manage App page, and click the red Delete Report button for the report you wish to delete.