Welcome to Orgzit's Invoicing and Order management solution. Let me help you get started with managing your invoices and orders in Orgzit.
A typical order management process for a manufacturing company selling their products through dealerships (eg. most car manufacturers except Tesla Motors) involves a multiple stages workflow as shown below.
We have put together the following steps following which you will be able to quickly learn how Orgzit works by entering your order orders data, creating an invoice and reviewing performance reports.
Following the steps given will take less than 5 minutes of your time, and will ensure you experience key benefits of Orgzit.
Step 1 of 6: Overview of Order Management Solution
Your screen should be looking something like the above screenshot right now. You are currently in the “Invoicing and Order Management” workspace. Each tab in this workspace is known as a “Table” and you are currently in the “Sales Orders” table.
The records in this screen represent your "sales orders". You should be able to see sample orders data from an equipment manufacturing company. The columns in the table represent the data associated with the Order such as Order Number, Dealership, Customer Name etc. Data from the other tables is connected with the sales orders through a seamless database relationship
Now, let’s now see how to create and manage a sales order using this simple setup in Orgzit.
Step 2 of 6: Create a Sales Order
- Clicking on the "+Order" will open a form for creating a Sales Order
- On the sales order form, you need to fill the data in the respective fields. Some of these fields can be filled from the drop-down menu available against the field. For eg: The field called "Dealer" which lists the dealers listed in the Dealers table. Similarly, with the field "SO Series".
- Fields with a red star next to them are required fields. All required fields must be filled before data can be saved.
- On clicking the "Create" button on the form will create the Sales Order.
Step 3 of 6: Add Items to complete the sales order
- To add items to a sales order you need to open the Sales Order record in "detail view" by clicking the "expand record" button.
- Once the order detail screen opens up, you will be able to scroll to see how all relevant information about the order is clearly maintained in sections such as Customer Details, Order & Payment Details and there is a separate section to add items and dispatches. Clicking on the "+New SO Item" button will open a form that will let you add items from your product catalog.
- On the sales order item form, you will need to fill the data in the various fields. Some of these fields can be filled from the drop-down options available against the field. For eg: The field called "Sales Order" which will have the list of existing sales orders listed in the app "Sales order". Similarly, with the field “Products".
- Click on the "Create" button to add the sales order item.
Step 4 of 6: Let's Update a sales order
A. Updating a sales order
- Switch app by clicking on the “Sales Order” table.
- Let’s view the complete details of a sales order. You can do this clicking on the arrow button that appears to the left of each sales order.
- You should be able to see a popup with the full sales order details, looking like the below screenshot.
- You can now click on the blue colored "Edit" button appearing on the top right corner of the popup. This will make all the fields of the sales order editable.
Note: some fields are designed to be read only, and hence will not become editable.
- You can change some of the information such as the customer name or dealer.. Once you have updated the fields, click on the “Submit” button to save the changes.
B. Updating items in sales order
To edit the items listed in the sales order, go to the “Sales Order Items” tables and follow the procedure listed above.
Congratulations! Now you know how to create, view and edit sales order and sales order items in the Orgzit Invoicing and Order management solution.
What would you like to do next? Generate invoice for your sales order? View Sales report? you say? How about we do both. Let’s get to it.
Step 5 of 6: Let’s generate an invoice for a sales order
- To generate invoice for a specific sales order, you can change the status of the sales order from the “status” column in the “Sales Orders” table.
- This will add a pdf file in the column “Invoice File”. This file will be in downloadable format.
- You can also generate invoices by triggering a status change by clicking a "custom action" button. Click on the three dots to see the custom action options available for creating Invoice (and Quotation).
Step 6 of 6: How to view reports
Your Orgzit Invoice and Order management solution comes with several useful reports.Now that your data has been fed, you can reap the benefits. However, there are many reports available at your disposal, two most critical reports are listed below
- Sales Order summary by dealer
- Total order value this month
To view the reports, follow the steps:
- Click on the "Reports" button, appearing on the top-right side of the screen.
- A reports panel will pop out from the right listing all the reports available for the current table.
- Look for the report named “Order summary by dealer" and click on it. This will give you a cumulative report of the open sales order per dealer.
- Repeat step 3 to search for “Total order value this month” report. This will give you a cumulative report of monthly revenue.
- Feel free to explore the other reports available. I’m sure you will find many of them useful for managing your orders and invoices.
Congratulations! You have now learnt the basics of how to manage orders using Orgzit and view the two most common reports.
Setup Orgzit Invoicing and Order Management for Your Team
Nearly everything that you have seen so far is easily customizable without writing any code and in a matter of minutes.
With the Orgzit Invoicing and Order Management solution, you can streamline your team’s order management workflows and save up more than 100 team hours per month.
At this stage, we recommend you get in touch with one of our solutions experts who can help you chose the right plan and configuration for your Invoicing and Order Management workflows.
Quick links to other relevant articles