Welcome to Orgzit's Lead Management solution. Let me help you get started with managing your leads in Orgzit.
A typical lead management workflow is shown below. This trial account has been configured to help you manage this workflow.
The following steps will help you quickly learn how Orgzit works by entering your own leads data and viewing the sales pipeline reports.
It takes less than 5 minutes to complete this.
Step 1 of 6: Overview of your leads screen
Your screen should be looking something like the above screenshot right now. You are currently in the “Lead Management” workspace.
Each tab in this workspace is known as a “Table” and you are currently in the “Leads” table.
The records in this screen represent leads.
You should be able to see a small number of dummy leads from an Automobile Dealership, only to help you get started.
The leads have data associated with them which you can see in the columns (known as fields in Orgzit), you will get a basic idea about the data that is associated with each of your leads.
Now, let’s jump into creating and managing a lead.
Step 2 of 6: Let’s create a lead
- Close to the top right corner of your screen, you will see a button called "+Lead".
- Clicking on this button will open a popup with a form for creating a lead.
- On the lead form, you need to fill the data in the respective fields. Some of these fields can be filled from the dropdown menu available against the field. For example, the field called "Dealer" which lists the dealers listed in the Dealers table. Similarly, with the field "Source".
- Fields with a red star next to them are required fields. Be sure to fill them or else you will get an error when you create the lead.
- Click on the "Create" button to create the lead.
- Congratulations! You have created your first lead in Orgzit and are now your way towards streamlining lead management for your business.
Step 3 of 6: Let’s change a lead’s stage
- One of the most important fields of a Lead is “Lead Stage”. This field represents the stage that the lead is in. In the Lead Management workspace that you are working on, the lead life-cycle is as follows.
Note: these lead stages represent a standard lead life-cycle. Want something different? No problem. The lead life-cycle can be easily customized in just a few minutes such as the number of stages, stage names, as well as the transitions between the stages.
- Let’s change the lead stage of the lead that you just created. Your lead would be in “00 - New Lead” stage.
You can make the lead’s stage editable by double clicking anywhere in that cell or by clicking on the blue edit icon that appears when you hover over the cell.
Here’s what your screen would look like now.
- You can now select the new stage of the lead from the drop-down. Let’s select “01 - Prospecting”.
- Now, click on “Save” button to save the new stage for the lead.
Step 4 of 6: Let’s update a lead
- Let’s view the complete details of a lead. You can do this clicking on the arrow button that appears to the left of each lead.
- You should be able to see a popup with the full lead details, looking like the below screenshot.
- You can now click on the blue colored "Edit" button appearing on the top right corner of the popup. This will make all the fields of the lead editable.
Note: some fields are designed to be read only, and hence will not become editable.
- You can change some of the lead information such as the customer name or lead value. Once you have updated the fields, click on the “Submit” button to save the changes.
- Click on the red cross button on the popup to close it and return to the leads table.
Congratulations! Now you know how to create, view and edit leads in the Orgzit Lead Management solution. What would you like to do next? View the sales funnel, you say? Let’s get to it.
Step 5 of 6: Let’s view the sales funnel
To view the sales funnel, you need to run a report in Orgzit. Your Orgzit lead management solution comes with several useful reports. Following these steps to view the sales funnel.
- Click on the "Reports" button, appearing on the top-right side of the screen.
- A reports panel will pop out from the right listing all the reports available for the current table.
- Look for the report named “Sales funnel" and click on it.
- Your sales funnel report should now appear on the screen.
Congratulations! You have now learned the basics of lead management in Orgzit
Most of the things you have seen so far are easily customizable in a couple of hours. Want to talk about how you can customize lead management for your business?
Let’s quickly take a look at a few other key aspects of the Orgzit lead management system.
Step 6 of 6: Let’s add an interaction for a lead
As the name suggests, the “Interactions” table helps you track all your team’s interactions with prospects.
Want to know how many times your team has followed up with a prospect? Or when did the last meeting happen? That’s what interactions is for.
Let’s go ahead and add an interaction for the lead that you created a few minutes ago.
- Let’s view the lead’s details. As before, you can do this by clicking on the arrow button present on the left of the lead. This should open the lead’s details in a popup.
- In the lead popup, scroll down towards the bottom to reach the "03-Interactions" section. This sections lists the interactions connected to the lead. Since this is a new lead, you will not have any interactions on it yet.
c. Click on the "New Interaction" button in the "03-Interactions" section. This will open a form to add an interaction.
- In the form, you will see that the “Lead” field is already selected and is not editable.
- Add information about the interaction including the following:
- Channel (required): this represents the communication method
- Next Action: this represents the next action for the lead
- Next Follow Up Date: this represents the date for the next action
- Next Follow Up Time: this represents the time for the next action
- Click on “Submit” to add the interaction. The interaction should appear in the "03-Interactions" section of the lead.
Congratulations! You have completed an end-to-end process for managing leads in Orgzit.
Other tabs in Lead Management
The other tabs in the Lead Management workspace are:
Dealers: If you sell through a dealer or franchise network or through channel partners, this table will maintain a list of the dealers associated with your business. Learn how to add a dealer.
Alternatively, if you sell directly through an internal sales force team, this table would not be relevant and can be removed.
- Lead Sources: Leads can be generated via various sources. The Lead Sources table maintains a list of all the possible lead sources for your leads.
- Interactions: In this table, you can track the interactions made by your company staff (dealers or sales executives) with prospects, such as phone calls or emails.
These tables are linked to the Leads table and they enable you to capture all the relevant lead data, such as which dealer or salesperson is responsible for the lead, what interactions have been had with the prospect, and what was the lead source.
Setup Orgzit Lead Management for Your Team
At Orgzit, we understand your pain with lead management. With the Orgzit lead management solution, you can streamline your team’s lead management and save more than 40 hours per user per month.
Most teams can be up and running with Orgzit Lead Management in under a day.
Are you ready to setup Orgzit Lead Management for your team? You can get started by setting up a meeting with an Orgzit lead management expert.